|The Film||Director||Credits||Cast||Press Quotes||Images|
PAOLO SORRENTINO Director & ScreenwriterPaolo Sorrentino was born in Naples on May 31st, 1970.
- 2004 Wrote and directed the feature film LE CONSEGUENZE DELL’AMORE
- 2001 Wrote and directed the short film ‘La Notte Lunga‘, presented at the TurinFestival. - Sorrentino’s first feature-length film, ‘L‘Uomo in Più‘, (‘One Man Up‘) awarded with the 'Made in Italy - Rai International' prize from the Solinas awards (1999), was presented in official competition at the Venice Film Festival 2001 and received much recognition in Italy and abroad, including:
the 'Grolla d’oro' for best screenplay and best male actor for Toni Servillo, awarded also at the festivals of Annecy, Angers and Seville; the 'Nastro d’Argento' for best first work; the 'Ciak d’oro'for best screenplay; the 'Amidei prize' for the screenplay; the 'Casa Rossa prize' at the Festival of Bellaria; the 'Dolly d’Oro Giuseppe de Santis' at the Turin Festival; the 'Linea d’Ombra' prize at the Salerno Festival; the 'Jury Award' at the Buenos Aires Festival.
- 1998 Wrote, with Umberto Contarello, a film titled ‘La Vocce dell‘Amore‘, a Rodeo Drive production. - Wrote and directed a short film titled ‘L‘Amore Non Ha Confini‘ produced by Indigo Film. This short film was presented in competition at the Turin Festival Cinema Giovani and at the N.I.C.E. festival, held in New York and San Francisco. The film won the prize for best short film at the fifth Corto Circuito festival. - Wrote several episodes of the ‘La Squadra‘ series for RAI-Pearson Television.
- 1997 Won the Solinas award equal first place with a screenplay titled ‘Napoletani‘.
- 1996 Wrote, with Antonio Capuano, the film ‘Polvere di Napoli‘, directed by Capuano, with Silvio Orlando.
- 1994 Wrote and directed a short film titled ‘Un Paradiso', finalist at the Palermo Cinema 1995 festival.